Nurturing relationships enhance resilience in life.
To facilitate and support self-exploration of inner strengths, to enhance psychological health, and to empower individuals and families to reach their potential to improve and excel in life.
Laying the foundation of our practice by applying evidence-based therapeutic approaches as the model of service delivery.
Invest in professional development and continuing research to strive for service excellence.
Focus on nurturing relationships and exploring personal inner strengths as the foundation for individual growth and healthy relationships development.
Emphasize on fair treatment, accountability and accessibility to services as the primary principle of our practice regardless of individual differences.
About Benny Chan, M.S.W.
Founder, Green Pastures Counselling Services
Benny has over 30 years of experience working with a wide range of age groups.
He has worked in a variety of settings that included family services, child and youth services, public secondary schools and child protection.
Benny’s area of practice focuses on adult mental health and family relationship issues.
He also works extensively with children and adults diagnosed with ADHD.
He provides Anger Management counselling to those who seek help for personal growth.
Benny is a:
- Registered clinical social worker in Ontario (OCSWSSW)
- Registered psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO), regulated by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Registered Marriage and family therapist-Clinical fellow (AAMFT-U.S.A.)(CAMFT- Canada)
(For those who want to verify registration and membership, please visit each of the registration body through its website)
He received clinical training from:
- Lynwood Hall Child and Family Centre (formerly the Lynwood Hall Children’s Centre for mental health treatment), Hamilton, ON.
- St. Joseph’s Hospital, Hamilton.
- (CAMH) formerly the Clarke Institute of Psychiatry, in the Affective Disorders Unit and in the Family Therapy Clinic, Toronto.
- Two Bachelor’s degrees (BA & BSW) from McMaster University, specialized in sociology study of human behaviours and counselling in social work.
- A Master’s degree in clinical social work (MSW), University of Toronto, specialized in mental health counselling and treatments.
- A field instructor for the University of Master degree students completing clinical counselling training in social work study.
- A community panel member, providing clinical consultation to Durham CAS Child Abuse Review Team on case-management and high risk child abuse cases verification. Most cases involved mental health and addiction issues in addition to ineffective parenting strategies / styles and poor emotional management.