Nurturing relationships enhance resilience in life.
To facilitate and support self-exploration of inner strengths, to enhance psychological health, and to empower individuals and families to reach their potential to improve and excel in life.
Laying the foundation of our practice by applying evidence-based therapeutic approaches as the model of service delivery.
Invest in professional development and continuing research to strive for service excellence.
Focus on nurturing relationships and exploring personal inner strengths as the foundation for individual growth and healthy relationships development.
Emphasize on fair treatment, accountability and accessibility to services as the primary principle of our practice regardless of individual differences.
About Benny Chan, MSW, RSW, Psychotherapist
Founder, Green Pastures Counselling Services
Benny has over 30 years of experience working with a wide range of age groups; and he was trained in a number of children & youth and adult mental health facilities.
He has worked in a variety of settings that included family services, child and youth services, public secondary schools and child protection.
Benny’s area of practice focuses on adult mental health and family relationship issues.
He also works extensively with adults diagnosed with ADHD.
Benny is a:
- Registered clinical social worker in Ontario (OCSWSSW)
- Registered Marriage and family therapist-Clinical fellow (AAMFT-U.S.A.)(CAMFT- Canada)
(For those who want to verify registration and membership, please visit each of the registration body through its website)
- Two Bachelor’s degrees (BA & BSW) from McMaster University, specialized in sociology study of human behaviours and counselling in social work.
- A Master’s degree in clinical social work (MSW), University of Toronto, specialized in mental health counselling and treatments.
- And he was a field instructor for the University of Master degree students completing clinical counselling training in social work study.